#beauty #dry skin #DIY #Christmas #Essential oilss #coconut oil #Gifts #home made #recipes #Skin Care
Every winter it happens: dry, itchy skin. For me this is made worse by the amount of time I spend outside in the winter, tending to the animals. My hands frequently get so dry that they crack. It didn’t take long for me to give up on store bought lotions. The lotions were expensive and if I wanted results I had to reapply multiple times a day.
I decided to experiment with making my own moisturizing lotions. It saves money, time at the store, is all natural (no chemicals!), and since it has a long shelf-life, I can stockpile for future hand care needs. But here’s the best part: it works!
Here are my three favorite go-to beauty recipes.
Tip: these make great gifts for the holidays! Find a pretty little jar, dress it up with a bow, and you’re good to go!
Whipped Coconut Oil Lotion
- 1 cup coconut oil (solid, but soft enough to work with).
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin C oil.
- Your choice of essential oil (I love lavender and jasmine but feel free to experiment!).
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and use a hand-held mixer to whip ingredients into a light, airy consistency (roughly 10 minutes). Place in airtight container.
Coconut, Sugar Body Scrub
This is a great face scrub, mild enough to use everyday!
- 1 cup coconut oil (room temperature).
- 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Essential oil of your choice, though I recommend carrot seed oil. Carrot seed oil is rich in antioxidants and has been shown to assist with cell regeneration and neutralize wrinkly causing inflammation.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and transfer to airtight container.
Coconut Skin Brightening Face Mask
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Apply to skin and let sit for 10 minutes before rinsing with cool water. This is super easy to throw together. It delivers amazing results – your skin will be brighter and softer in no time.
My favorite essential oils to use during the holidays. They smell amazing and add a bit of holiday cheer to your mixes.